STK is more of a raging party than it is a restaurant. 90% of the patrons didn’t come for the food and half of the other 10% are too drunk to know what the food tastes like, which explains the exorbitantly expensive food. Few entrees are below $30 and even less taste good, but I’ll get to that a bit later. STK is owned by One Group which is also affiliated with Bagatelle and Tenjune. All venues are very chic, trendy, expensive and are slowly becoming very bridge & tunnel. STK does not deviate from this one bit. Though its not as large as say Ajna Bar or Buddakan, STK is equally as chic in design. A fire place lights up the bar area to some extent so one can navigate, slowly, through dancing patrons and faux-leather couches. The one thing that I did love about the crowd at STK is that everyone acts as if its one big party so don’t be alarmed if the table next to you pulls you over to start singing to the latest Rihanna song. Like I said earlier, the food leaves much to be desired. While the tuna tartare I ordered as an appetizer was actually quite good, none of the entrees were up to par. The Organic Free Range Chicken was dry and flavorless. The Roasted Lamb Porterhouse, though was cooked well, tasted unseasoned and bland. The Hudson Valley Duck Breast was the only marginally good dish as the duck was cooked well and produced some form of flavor. The sides I ordered, the truffle fries and mac and cheese, were both awful and not even worth the $6 price tag (I’d rather pay $26 for a plate of pasta with butter at Nello‘s than pay $6 for STK’s truffle fries). None the less, I’d return to STK solely for the “party” atmosphere. The food isn’t good but the atmosphere and decor make up for it enough to even out the good and the bad.